Monday, November 8, 2010

The Cowboys fire Wade Phillips;Promote Jason Garrett

Finally. And it's the absolute right move. The Cowboys have been pathetic this year and it's only getting worse. Firing Wade Phillips, as crazy as it sounds, was like a mercy killing. I felt so bad for Wade last night as I watched him address the media after the game. He has not been good this year, obviously, but this year's embarrassment belongs on the shoulders of the players.

Jason Garrett, who has coached as badly as Wade has, has his hands full to the fullest extent. Unless there's something I haven't seen, he's not going to turn around anything. This team, I believe, is shown the right things during the week to prepare them for the games, yet they make the same mistakes every week. As I've said for weeks, they're uninspired, lazy, heartless, and in dire need of being motivated. I'm not sure Garrett can do that.

If Garrett can somehow turn this around even a little bit, Jerry will give him the benefit of the doubt and bring him back next year. As of now though, Garrett will keep calling the plays, still be in direct control on the offense. Defensively, I think Paul Pascoloni or Dave Campo will take over the play calling duties and I believe there will be some changes. I'm not sure it will be for the better, but it certainly couldn't get worse.

I expect the Cowboys to win just one more game. The same as I did when Wade was the coach. But at least, the Cowboys are moving forward.

It's the right move.

No comments:

Post a Comment